Welcome to The Lightning Round brought to you by Moviga. I’m Steven with your weekly source for all things, movies, video games and more. Now, grab your ponchos and let’s catch up on this week’s news.
- The Hunger Games is getting a prequel movie centered around everyone’s favorite tyrannical President of Panem, Coriolanus Snow. I guess this is a book, but I don’t really read and I can’t say I left the theaters begging for more Snow. So for me, probably a pass, but I’ll keep an eye on it.
- James Gunn recently admitted that he did not like how Star-Lord was written in Infinity War, specifically that he lost his temper, smack Thanos and doomed the entire universe. Dude, worst part of that movie still bugs me to this day.
No More Resurrections
- Scarlett Johansson has said she’s officially done playing Black Widow. I mean, she did fall off a cliff, so I’d say now is a good time.
Flash Points on the Board?
- Early reactions to the Flash movie are pretty much all praising the film. I feel like I’ve been saying this for the last 10 years, but DC really needs this win. This trailer looks great to me, so I’ll be their opening night for sure… Mostly just to see Keaton as Batman again.
Winnie the Puke
- Winnie the Pooh is getting a new TV series, though you probably won’t want to watch this one with the kids. This R rated series describes Christopher Robin as a disillusioned New Yorker navigating his quarter-life crisis with the help of the weird talking animals who live beyond a drug induced portal outside his derelict apartment complex, the 100 Acres. So pretty close to the source material with a twist here and there, the obsession with turning public domain children’s properties into horror franchises is pretty annoying to me. So I’d like for this to go away, please.
Well, it looks like the storm has passed. Be sure to check out the Moviga podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or anywhere you listen to that thing where we’re talking all things, movies, video games, and more. I’m Steven, and thanks again for joining me this week for The Lightning Round.
The Lightning Round is an audio short series created by the team behind the Moviga Podcast for LTN Radio. The Lightning Round is a collection of nerdy headlines with commentary.