Welcome to The Lightning Round brought to you by Moviga. I’m Lee with your weekly source for all things movies, video games, and more. Now, grab your ponchos and let’s catch up on this week’s news.
- Respawn’s CEO says that he wants to make a Titanfall 3, but there are no plans to… Yet. Titanfall 2 was such a botched launch by EA when they placed its fall release between COD and Battlefield. Otherwise, I firmly believe that this series would be one of the titans, if you will, of modern gaming and first person shooters. In my opinion, it is one of the best campaigns of any first person shooter out there. #moretitanfallplease
- Redfall gets a 4 rating from IGN. This is a rough launch for Xbox, full of bugs, awkward mechanics, and very poorly generated textures, if they load at all. Xbox CEO Phil Spencer himself took full responsibility for the state of the game at launch, whilst ensuring that Starfield received much better assistance from Xbox during development. I still got to wait till June for the Starfield direct showcase from Bethesda, but we’ll see, I guess.
- It’s that time of the decade and the current writer strike is in full swing as TV and movie writers strike in hopes of receiving a living wage. I remember how many shows were cut short midseason last time this went down, and I’ll never forgive those studios for leaving us all hanging. Let’s hope this time around, the studio execs make a quick decision to not be so stingy with those profits. But I won’t hold my breath.
If you can dodge a 2nd wrench…
- It seems like we have another Who Asked For This?-sequel as Dodgeball’s sequel is in the works with definite involvement from Vince Vaughn. We don’t have any word yet on Ben Stiller, and I believe that gone are the days where Vince Vaughn’s charm can carry a movie solo. So I’m curious to really see what actor they may get. Pedro Pascal is kind of on a role, heh? Who would you want to see in the Dodgeball sequel?
The Force is Strong
- It’s a great week or two for Star Wars fans as we have season two of Visions getting high accolades and Jedi: Survivor getting rave reviews with a great launch. You love to see it. Stories and games that expand on the universe are always highly appreciated. Now, if we can just get a solid Rogue Squadron movie, a la Top Gun: Maverick, because I really need more backstory on pilot Porkins. I mean, I need it.
Well, it looks like the storm has passed. Be sure to check out the Moviga podcast on Spotify, Apple podcasts, or anywhere you listen to that sort of thing where we’re talking all things movies, video games, and more. I’m Lee, and thanks for joining me this week for The Lightning Round.
The Lightning Round is an audio short series created by the team behind the Moviga Podcast for LTN Radio. The Lightning Round is a collection of nerdy headlines with commentary.