Drew completes his visit to PAX Unplugged 2018 by walking the floor and interviewing board game developers who are making experiences that push the medium into new areas. Can a board game make laugh so hard you cry or tell a harrowing story of sadness? Drew interviews 8 developers who are exploring these possibilities as well as what they hope people take away from their projects and why they make the games you play.
Podcast includes interviews with:
- Isaac Vega of Plaid Hat Games and designer on Starship Samurai, Dead of Winter, Neon Gods – @IsaacsAshes – @PlaidHatGames
- Cole Wehrle of Leder Games and designer of Root – @colewehrle – @ledergames
- Justin Sweigart – Head of North American Operations at Czech Games Edition – @darthtiberius – we talked about their new game Trapwords
- Chris Leder – Director of Fun at Calliope Games – we talked about Tsuro: Phoenix Rising – @CalliopeGames – @Leder88
- Nozomi Obinata – Itten – we discuss their new games: Stone Henge and Here Comes the Dog – @itten_games_en
- Mark Specter and Josh Cappel – Grand Gamers Guild – we discuss their new game The Artemis Project – @GrndGmrsGld – @Josh_Cappel
- Alexander Flanagin – Head of Game Development at Golden Bell Studios – designer on El Presidente, The 10th Floor, Naruto (upcoming board game), Seven Deadly Sins (upcoming board game)
- Kyle Nunn – sales with AEG – we discuss their new games Tiny Towns and Scorpius Freighter – @alderac
Love what you just read? Get more LTN!
Executive Editor at Penguin Random House. Author of Know Thy Gamer: A Parent's Guide to Video Games and founder of Love Thy Nerd.
Starting with Clear Channel Radio in the '90s, Jonathan has worked in audio and marketing for 20 years. Credits include stints at EA Tiburon, Christianity Today, Christ and Pop Culture, and freelancing as voice talent for audiobooks and podcast production services.