Ready to host a local community game night? Our curated resources will guide you through the process, from game selection to fostering inclusivity. Create a thriving hub of tabletop fun where laughter and camaraderie abound. Happy gaming, nerds!
The Game Nights Trilogy | Three Articles to Get Your Game Night Going
- How to Start a Game Night by Luke Filipiak | An introduction to the idea behind hosting a local game night in your community and some basics to get you going.
- 5 Must-Haves for Starting a Game Night by Luke Filipiak | A list of “night one” necessities for starting your local game night.
- 5 Ways to Elevate Your Game Nights by Luke Filipiak | A list of game night upgrades to take your events to the next level.
Articles | Hanging with My Meeples
- 15 Board Game Gateways to Tabletop Roleplaying Games by Various Authors | Several LTN writers share some of their favorite games that feature TTRPG elements.
- Level Up Your Game Night with These Tips for Teaching Board Games by Jeshua Horca | Teaching board games is a skill that must be practiced. Here’s how to start.
- Why Do Board Games Matter? by Mike Perna | Why start a game night at all? What are the benefits? There are more than you think.
- Why Do Tabletop RPGs Matter? by Ashley Mowers | TTRPGs have been seen in a negative light for too long, and for no reason. Here’s why.
- 8 Questions You Should Ask Before Starting a Game Night by Madeline Turnipseed | Game nights don’t just happen. These questions will help you prepare yourself.
Audio & Video | This Media is a Nat 20
- Church Nerds 3: Why & How to Start a Game Night | Bubba & Anna lay out their ideas for starting a local in-person game night (and they did it right before the world closed down because of COVID, the poor dears).
- Beard Bros: 13 Games Under $13 | Matt & Bubba help you build up your game library with games on the cheap.
- Beard Bros: 13 Games for Non-Gamers | Matt & Bubba help you build up your game library with games that are easy for anyone to pick up.
- Beard Bros: 13 Games for Six or More Players | Matt & Bubba help you build up your game library with games great for groups.
- Beard Bros: 13 Games That Fit in Your Pocket | Matt & Bubba help you build up your game library with games that can be played on the go. Have a game night anywhere!
- Beard Bros: How to Teach Games | Matt & Bubba share their teaching tips, honed from their experiences teaching games on the fly at conventions.
- Beard Bros: The LTN Game Library | Matt & Bubba chat about the LTN Board Game Library, Discord plans, and games they love right now.
Games LTN Loves | They’ve Got Our Seal of Approval… Literally!
- Commissioned (Chara Games) | Grow the church, collect the books of the New Testament, and overcome persecution.
- Deliverance (Lowen Games) | Command legendary angels against demonic foes in this epic fantasy dungeon crawler.
- Animo: The Living Deck Bible Verse Game | A collectible card game where virtue trumps violence.
- Sunday School Answers (Back Row Games) | The original Christian rip-off of Cards Against Humanity.
Accessibility Resources | Getting EVERYONE to the table!
- 64 Oz Games Store | Accessibility kits to help blind and sighted friends play popular games together.
- Dibs on Blue | Videos about accessibility to help bring our deaf friends to the table, featuring ASL. No longer updating, but several great videos.
- DOTS RPG Project | Accessibility gear for our blind or otherwise differently-abled friends who want to play TTRPGs independently.
- Game Accessibility Guidelines | An easy to read guide on how to tweak game mechanics in nearly any situation to get anyone to the table. This is a living documented that is often updated.
- Accessibility and Gaming: A Personal Journey | Thomas R. Knight details what it is like attempting to make games accessible for his wife, who has multiple sclerosis.
- How to Make Game Conventions More Accessible | Thomas R. Knight lists several accessibility enhancements that could benefit conventions.
- How to Make Tabletop Games More Accessible | Thomas R. Knight lists several accessibility enhancements that could benefit game creators.
- Accessible Games | Games for absolutely everyone. A quarterly magazine to amplify the voices of disabled gamers and their allies.
- Meeple Like Us | Accessibility reviews and ratings for tabletop games.
- Herefordshire Board Games | How to run a great game night and make it inclusive and supportive of accessibility, well being, and neurodiversity.
- Forge Ahead: A Party to Access | Your accessible guide to tabletop gaming.
- Accessibility in Gaming Resource Guide by Jennifer Kretchfer | A massive resource in itself.
This resource was compiled by Rachel Knight and Radio Matt. Special thanks to Thomas R. Knight for help with the section on Accessibility. Last Updated June 9th, 2023.
Love what you just read? Get more LTN!
Are you a writer interested in joining our team? Learn how by visiting https://lovethynerd.com/write-for-ltn/.